Sunday, January 25, 2009

One week down... till mid May to go!

So the first week of school has come and gone and I made it. Lucky for me it was only a four day week. Now lets see if I can make it through the 5 day week. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are by far my hardest days. I work a six hour shift which is broken down into 2.5 hours in the morning and 3.5 hours in the afternoon. In between working, I have class. My math class doesn't meet on Wednesdays so that is an earlier day for me. I do get tired very easily, but I am attributing alot of that to the fact that I was not working for 5 weeks and now I am working again so I have to get used to it. I am glad that it is a form of exercise because walking is really good for you during pregnancy and believe me, I am walking ALOT!
Last Friday I hit the 14 weeks mark and I am getting excited. Things are going well and I have another appointment on February 10th. Remind me that I have to see about rescheduling that appointment so its not counted against me for having to leave my art class early. Apparently my professor doesnt make exceptions. Oh well. I am really going to enjoy that class. I am hoping that I can find something that I can turn into an art project for the baby's room. I will have to send a message to my online friend who is an artist so that I can order some more of her art. Its great for a baby's room!
Other than that, I am starting a new/old venture and this time around I feel more of a need to start out this time. The Lord is blessing me and Michael with a baby and I dont feel right about working. I need to take care of this baby, so Michael has a greed to support me in my endeavor to work my Mary Kay business. I have looked at it and found that just one class a week with at least 200.00 in sales will break even with what I am making now. I am only looking for enough to pay my cell phone bill and internet bill. I am still going to grow the business simply because in the next few years, I am going to have to pay off student loans and what better way to make the money I need and take care of my baby than to work my business which is a business that has been proven to work. I have met the women who have done it and all it takes is determination, hard work, and consistency. I am really looking forward to the new friendships that I can make as well. Speaking of working my business, remind me to order some new business cards. I am almost out of the pretty ones. I like to keep up to date with things and if something new comes out, I like to make sure I have the newest. I think this time I may just order the tent cards. Why? Because each time I pull out a card, it will remind me to have the person I am giving a card to, to fill it out for me. I have to remind myself that its up to me to call them, not expect them to call me. That is one of my fears that I need to get past and I will!

Ok well I am off here for now. Be sure to check out my website at www.marykay.com/eblickenstaff !!!!!

No comments: